Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Back in the game

As Neonvirus mentioned, I am on a little bit of a blogging spree, simple reason being that the computer's more accessible to me now. Even though I have tons more to do with editing weddings and whatnot, the laptop has given me a little more mobility, so I don't have to sit at the desk and feel obligated to write something. Right now, I'm just sitting in bed, doing a little bit of blogging before bedtime. It's really nice to have a laptop.

The thing I do worry about the kids is their sugar intake. We don't outright buy sweets for them, but they do get juice, fruit snacks, and treats a little more often than I feel comfortable with. The biggest concern I have, really, is that when they don't eat their meals and instead want fruits, or treats. Honestly, if they ate their meals, or made attempts to do so, I wouldn't really care as much. But as of late, they are fifty fifty on their meals. They either eat it or they're just not interested. I get a little wacky because I start insisting to the kids that if they don't eat, that they don't get any juice, fruit, or anything sweet for the rest of the night. That doesn't always work because one of the three grown-ups in this house will probably cave and either make them something junky, or give them fruits.

I'm not perfect, of course. I like to give them ice-cream and treats because it makes them happy. It makes me feel like a hero. But fact of the matter is that my mother, my father, and my grandmother has diabetes. And I'm probably in line for getting it as well, and I'm probably five times worse than my mother was when she didn't have diabetes. Damn genetic disposition. I'm not even afraid of the kids getting obese off sweets, I just cringe at the idea of having to monitor diabetes in children. And I would really, really hate to have to give someone the needle. I hate needles myself, and I couldn't fanthom having to do that to my children.

Hey, I'll never be a crack addict.

I've started to write at work, scene by scene of my Feature Movie. Right now I've rewritten two scenes that I originally penned in a notebook, and I feel like the characters all sound alike, the dialogue is slightly stilted, but hey, it's words on a page. That's one step closer to getting the movie going. Today I tried to rough cut some wedding footage that's due at the end of the month, and Final Cut Pro just sucked the life out of my old batteries. I mean, 10 minutes and the iBook had to put itself to sleep to conserve energy. So I'll be bringing my power adapter tomorrow, got the okay to plug it into work from the Store Director, who probably thinks I'm just being geeky, bringing in my laptop to work.

That said, Good Night, and Good Luck.

Comments:
neonvirus.com says... hahahaha does an ok for using ur laptop when he doesnt know your using it to not work count as a real ok?? hahaha and its fun/weird to hear me referenced on your bloog, and referenced as if my website was my name :) hehehe .. keep up the spurts of goodness hehe
 
Post a Comment